Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hawai'i



I went on a week vacation with my family to the big island, Hawai'i. I happen upon this island the week that it decided to have a storm, and according to the locals, that hasn't happened in about 10 years. Ha.

Despite the weather it was still a lot of fun. We even had a few days of sunshine before returning. My favorite part was taking the tour to the volcano (first time!) - we had such a wonderful guide that was able to inform us of it's interesting history.

But what I will remember most is the dance, one of the most beautiful ways to share stories & history.

1 comment:

jkmac said...

Cool stuff Melissa. I really like your style; very whisical. I'm an artis as well, but my style is a little different. You can check it out if you like.
www.inkwork.blogspot.com
Anyway, keep up the great work.
Johnnymac